Delicious Olive Mix…one our whole family requests!
Olive Salad for Muffulettas
This is definitely on our flexible food list. The Olive Salad is perfect for Muffulettas (Pizza topping, Salad or Pasta.) This is a food from New Orleans
Author: Beth Strachan
Recipe type: Olive Mix
Cuisine: Italian/ New Orleans cuisine
Serves: 8-10 servings
- 1 (6 ounce) black olives, drained
- 1 (5 ounce) jar pitted green olives, rinsed and drained
- 1 (6.5 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ - ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- Ham/Turkey Slices
- Italian Bread, Pasta, Pizza Crust or Lettuce
- We chopped ours by hand.
- After looking at the directions, it is perfectly alright to put the ingredients in the food processor.
- You must remember to pulse the mixture. Keep the olives in pieces.
- Use as a condiment or dip for crackers.
- Make salad ( you can also chop up ham or turkey for the salad.)
- Make Pizza with this (this was one of our family favorites) We made naan bread - Indian Bread for the crust. (warmed it first) then a thin layer of pizza sauce, mozzarella and parmesan.
- Make Pasta with the Olive mix and add chicken or pepperoni (or any other meat) This mix with pasta is delicious.
- Click here for another website for the history of muffulettas and another recipe!