Cinnamon apple Mix
This is a take off from a Chex Mix Recipe. It is a tad sweet but still retains the saltiness.
Author: Tami White
Recipe type: Snack Mix
Serves: 10 servings
- 5 cups of Rice Chex (Or any other chex mix cereal)
- 1 cups of Pretzels (I use gluten free sticks)
- 1 cup of Cheerios
- ¼ cup of melted butter
- ⅓ cup of brown sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon of ginger
- ½ cup of dried apples & cranberries
- 1 cup of mini marshmallows
- Add cinnamon and sugar mix at the end
- Mix the cereal & Pretzels together
- In a small saucepan melt the butter and add in the brown sugar and spices. (Do not overcook!)
- Pour the butter mixture over the cereal and mix.
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Bake on 300 degrees for 5 minutes
- Sprinkle on the dried apple pieces, cranberries and mini marshmallows
- If you are eating ice cream or yogurt this mix makes a great topping!