Today I have one of our favorite family recipes for Cranberry Salsa.
This is a crowd pleaser. It has a perfect blend of sweet and spicy. You may eat it all in one sitting.
Author: Tami White
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 (12oz) package fresh cranberries
- ½ Large sweet red pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- ½ medium red onion, cut into chunks
- ½ cup granulated sugar (sweeten to taste can add more or less)
- ⅓ cup apple juice
- 1 medium of finely chopped jalapeno (less if you want to lesson the spice, but don't take it out)
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- Serve with chips,
- 3 T chopped fresh cilantro
- Rinse cranberries in cold water
- In a food processor:
- Add cranberries, apple, red pepper and onion. Pulse until it is coarsely chopped
- (set aside)
- In a separate mixing bowl, stir together sugar, apple juice, jalapeno pepper and lime zest. Mix well.
- Add the mixture to the cranberry mixture and mix well to blend.
- (Add the cilantro at the end)
- Put in a covered container and refrigerate.